BIZKAIA ROAD INFRASTRUCTURE ASSET MANAGEMENT – AGENDA
DEVELOPMENT, UPDATE, OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE OF THE STATE AGENDA AS A MANAGEMENT DIGITAL TOOL FOR ROAD DECISION MAKING BY THE PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT OF BIZKAIA
Management and maintenance of the State Agenda Software
Area of activity
Road Safety and M&O
Provincial Council of Bizkaia
- Management and maintenance of the Status Agenda software
- Exploitation of monitoring and/or inventory data.
- Regeneration plan and management plan for each element
The State Agenda is the basic management tool of the Road Administrator for making decisions regarding the activities and priorities to be adopted in the maintenance and regeneration of a road.
The State Agenda should take into account the deficits, deterioration or lack of adequacy to the parameters that measure the functional sufficiency and condition of the infrastructure. Also those improvements that are necessary, immediate and low cost to achieve better performance and increase road safety.
The State Agenda, therefore, performs the following functions:
- DIAGNOSTIC: the results of auscultations and/or inventories, taking into account different time stages (road supply in each phase and evolution of the associated parameter).
- DETERMINES: different alternatives, as well as their effectiveness and proposes a solution.
- EVALUATES THE SOLUTION: not only its economic value, but also the functional and temporal constraints associated with the solution.
- PROPOSES INDICATORS: to evaluate the evolution of the affected parameters.
The purpose of the Agenda is to get a true picture of what the Provincial Council of Bizkaia would need to invest in order to have its road network adjusted to the current regulations, as well as to improve road safety and functionality according to the environment.