Projects: Traffic and mobility
SUSTAINABLE URBAN MOBILITY PLAN OF LABASTIDA, ALAVA
SUSTAINABLE URBAN MOBILITY PLAN DEVELOPMENT FOR LABASTIDA, ALAVA
Real sustainable urban mobility plan with an inclusive vision
Area of activity
TRAFFIC AND MOBILITY
Sustainable Urban Mobility
Labastida City Council
- Citizen participation
- Objectives and Action Plans
- Indicators and Monitoring
- Strategic Plan development
- Follow-up implementation
The purpose of this contract is the developing of the Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan (SUMP) of the municipality of Labastida / Bastida (1,532 inhabitants), which allows the identification of existing needs and the general objectives to be established in order to plan, program and coordinate those actions that affect the mobility of the municipality.
With the development of the SUMP it is expected to achieve, not only a base document, but a true sustainable urban development plan with an integrating vision that contributes to the achievement of a more sustainable and accessible city. This plan will result in specific operations in development of the lines of action of the sustainable urban development strategy (EDUSI 2030), understanding that these will be, among others, those that the plan will prioritize and plan in the short term.
The SUMP will be based on efficiency, environmental respect, accessibility and quality of life for citizens, creating sustainable mobility strategies in the municipality of Labastida/Bastida that reduce the impact of urban crossings in the municipality (emissions of polluting gases and noise and the barrier effect of these infrastructures). It will also try to minimize the dependence on private vehicles for commuting within the municipality and will cover the needs of residents and second homes, as well as workers and tourists.
Within the drafting of the PMU, the following aspects have been developed in detail:
- Study of the current situation of the municipality by conducting daily travel surveys and mapping of trouble spots.
- Analysis and elaboration of an integrated SWOT diagnosis.
- Plan and programs of operations and actions.
- Manual of good practices for dissemination among citizens and evaluation of citizen participation, as well as communication guides and development of specific and concrete measures.
- Evaluation and monitoring plan.